Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thoughts from the day

  • My bedroom is dark. I mean, REALLY dark. This is good....for now at least. When classes start, this may not be such a good thing....
  • My wonderful daddy bought me a new set of mattresses for my bed. He got me an ultra-comfortable pillow-top set that feels like heaven. I guess I forgot to think about how tall my bed would be with the pillow-top. And with risers underneath to give me some extra storage underneath my bed. I have to use a step-stool to get into my 'princess bed' as I am calling it. I love it.
  • I have found the TV guide channel and HGTV. All is well.
  • Charleston is hot. And humid. This will take some getting used to.
  • There are a lot of Hispanic people in Charleston. I mean a LOT. I noticed this mainly at Wal-Mart on Rivers Avenue. Wonder if there will be a lot downtown too?
  • Small closets = challenging
  • Small rooms with little space for storage = even more challenging
  • Perhaps you spend hours in front of the television watching HGTV like I do. Fear not, my friend. When you move into a small space and you have to be creative, especially with storage, all those hours of HGTV-watching will come in handy!
  • I MISS MY FAMILY. And my boyfriend. And my friends from home. Mommy, come rock me!!! Dad and Sissy, come share some popcorn with me!!!!!
Additional thoughts/observations from my walk this evening:


  • I saw a rat run from a bush into a small hole in some brick outside of a huge fancy home. I guess it goes to show that no one can keep the rats out!
  • Some/most of the roads in Charleston are uneven. For someone as clumsy as myself, this may pose some problems. I will be trying to carefully map out a cobblestone-free route before I try to run.
  • I need to run. I am out of shape.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment