Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My humble abode

I will now give a brief tour of my quaint new living quarters...

We enter through the front door right into the living room. The couch isn't ours - we are getting a new one. On the wall opposite from the couch is an entertainment hutch with a TV and all of our DVDs. Through the living room you can see the dining room.

Our dining room - still under construction. To the left is a weird green bike that I had when I was a teenager, but thought I might need to ride to class occasionally. Let's hope no one makes fun of it. Or me!

I don't have a good picture of the kitchen, but if I did I would put it
HERE.

Now let us go upstairs......
If you walk right up the stairs, you run into the bathroom. I will try to take a picture of it so you can see it too.

On to MY ROOM!
My princess bed, as I am calling it: I have an antique iron bed that belonged to a sweet lady in the church my dad pastored years ago. She left it to our family, and now I use it! If the mattresses weren't so tall you could see it better.

I have a pillow-top mattress (which sleeps oh-so-well) which adds a few inches of heighth to my bed. I also have risers beneath the bed legs to allow for storage underneath, which I am VERY thankful for since storage space is rare here. I have to use a stool to climb onto my bed, but it's kind of fun!

This is one corner of my room. The bookshelf is not the one I plan to use. I am currently looking for a much larger one so that I can put picture frames, all my reading books, and notebooks and textbooks on it. This will be replaced soon (I hope!). I love my writing desk. My dad got it for me. It has a beautiful mahogany finish. I have a small storage drawer set to the left of my desk for notepads, cards, electronics, and basically any other supply item I may need.

To the left of the storage drawers I have my dresser with my TV on top. The door is to my closet (which I also need to take a picture or two of). To the left of the closet is a cute little storage drawer set I found at Ross. I keep toiletries, makeup, and some jewelry in there as well. It has come in handy so far!

View of the other side of the room from my (princess) bed

I love my room. It feels like a real home instead of just a temporary space for a grad student. I need to take a few more pictures of my room and of the house which I will post later.

1 comment: