Monday, August 2, 2010

The day didn't end the way I thought it would.

When I woke up this morning, if I would have predicted what were going to happen today, I would not have predicted what actually happened today.

Today I decided to go to the beach. My roommate had to work so I trekked over to Folly Beach by myself in search of the perfect spot to relax for a while. The beach wasn't terribly crowded, so I found a cozy spot to park right across the street from the beach access and went on to the beach. Now, I must say, I love the beach. I'm talkin' true love here. I spread my towel across the soft sand, put on my sunglasses and tanning oil (with SPF, of course!), opened up my Sudoku book and began to enjoy the first moments of two hours or so of beach time today. It was absolutely splendid. No homework, no obligations or commitments. Just me and the beach. Thank you, Lord, for that time I had today!

Okay, so the beach may not be so unpredictable. So where does the excitement of the day come in? Cue Alan. Alan is a friend who was in my Costa Rica study abroad program last fall. He and another friend, Ed (also from Costa Rica program), both are from Charleston and are home from school for the summer. I called Alan while I was on the beach and we decided to meet up for supper. I also got in touch with Ed and his 21st birthday is tomorrow, so he was hanging out on the beach with friends for the day. Alan and I met, and then Ed said that he would meet us at 8 instead of 7, so Alan and I got ice cream to wait around for Ed, and then Ed said he was waiting till 9, so we decided not to wait any longer! Alan invited a couple of his other friends (2 ex-girlfriends! and another guy) and we had a good time laughing and hanging out while we ate. It was so great to catch up with him because he was such a good friend in Costa Rica! I think we understand each other's sense of humor very well so we always end up joking or laughing about something. I got home later than I anticipated and I missed most of the Bachelorette finale, but it was worth it to spend time with people who were a part of my life during 4 of the best months of my life!

So....my day didn't end the way that I thought it would. It was even better.

Who knows what tomorrow will hold?

No comments:

Post a Comment