Saturday, May 14, 2011

Encouragement from this week

This week was the first week of my first rotation. To say I was nervous on Monday morning would be a huge understatement. I had no idea what to expect, what the people would be like, how busy or slow it would be, if I would be able to do anything. I prayed the whole way there on Monday morning, read my devotion before I went inside, and God really came through. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I really want to share what my daily devotions were this week because the timing on these was so perfect! I use The Confident Woman Devotional by Joyce Meyer. Each day had so many great thoughts and everything below (except for what is in italics) is directly quoted from my book.


MONDAY - At the Right Time - Habakkuk 2:3
The kind of preparation you need depends on what you are being called to do and your season in life at that time.
If you have something in your heart that you believe you are supposed to do but are unable to do now, don't let that discourage you. We hold some things in our hearts for years before we see them manifest. Let your dream incubate in your heart. Pray about it and do whatever you can to be ready when the time is right. 
*This was good for me to read because I often wish that I could move to Latin America or be in a position that allows me to learn and speak Spanish frequently. I know that God has put this dream in my heart and that though I may not be able to see now what he will do with that, I know that he has prepared me and is continuing to prepare me for a time in my future when that will be important.


TUESDAY - Keep Learning - Proverbs 1:5 (This is a good verse that I need to memorize!)
Even the people who are able to get formal training still need to have some experience. Knowing something in our head and knowing how to apply it practically can be two different things. 
We need to be lifetime learners, and we can all learn something every day if we let all of life be a school we attend. 
Wherever you are, you are in God's classroom.


WEDNESDAY - Don't Be Boxed In - Acts 9:36, 39
 However we learn, we can be assured that God will prepare us in His own way.


THURSDAY - Small Things - Zechariah 4:10
...Let everything in life be preparation for the things you have in your future. Don't despise the days of small beginnings. Those small beginnings are usually all we can handle at the time. God will give more when He knows we are ready. Enjoy every step of your journey. Don't be in such a hurry to rush through things taht you miss the lessons you can draw from each day.
*I wish sometimes that I could just know everything about being a pharmacist and jump right in and fill all of the prescriptions and tell the patients everything they need to know without having to think so hard. But I know that I have so much more to learn, and that learning means learning everything, even the small things that I want to move past. This was an attitude check for me, to take each day one step at a time and not try to get ahead of myself
If you do, God will do what you cannot do. Do your best to be prepared for the job in front of you and God will come through with supernatural abilities that will amaze you. 
To be prepared for whatever God's calling is for you, you don't have to worry about the part you don't know how to do. Just do the part you know. Your faith-filled actions are seeds you sow. Sow your seed in faith and God will bring a harvest at just the right time. 


FRIDAY - God's Gifts
If you confidently step out and do your part, God will surround you with people who have the gifts and abilities that you don't have. However, when a person lacks confidence, quite often they cannot receive help from other people. They are too busy making comparisons to receive the help God has sent them. Insecurity and a lack of confidence will steal the wonderful life that God has planned for you.
You don't have to be prepared to do the entire job by yourself. Just prepare yourself to do the best that you can do and remember that God will add what you don't have.


I hope that something from one or each of these day's devotions encourages you as it did me! Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment