Saturday, December 18, 2010

getting closer to Christmas

Yesterday morning, my dad and I went to the high school where he used to work (and just retired from last year) for the Christmas concert. The different choirs and bands and ensembles performed different arrangements of Christmas carols. I love going to Christmas performances and hearing the different songs, so I really enjoyed it.

After that, I went to my mom's work to see "The Polar Express" - NOT the movie. So what does this mean, you ask? The first grade teachers there got together a few years ago and decided to bring the movie to life. Son the last Friday before Christmas break, the children (and teachers) come to school in their pajamas, and the fun begins. A man dresses up like a conductor and blares music from the movie's soundtrack down the halls. The music sounds like a train, and the kids rush out of their classrooms, waving their tickets (little yellow pieces of paper) and move from classroom to classroom. Each room has a different activity - one has hot chocolate, others have crafts, and one room even has Santa! The children also have a chance to go outside and ride a real little choo choo train around the playground! They get so excited, and it is the cutest little thing!

I spent the rest of the morning wrapping Christmas presents and watching old game shows on TV with my sister and dad.

Yesterday evening, I had the opportunity to go to my first ever professional basketball game. My boyfriend bought tickets to go see the Atlanta Hawks play, so off to Atlanta we went! We got stuck in traffic as we got farther into the city, but we made it in plenty of time, parked right across the street from the Philips Arena, and went in to enjoy some food before the game started. I really enjoyed the game and the crowd and the fun things they did during breaks. There were even some celebrities there! Nene from the Real Housewives of Atlanta was on the front row, and another famous rapper was introduced as well. I've been told that the likes of Jay-Z, Young Joc, Usher, even T.I. have been seen at these games. Too bad that T.I. is in jail, or else he may have been there.

We got home last night around 12:30 am, and I went straight to bed and slept in this morning. I think we may do some Christmas shopping later today, but the rainy weather, may just keep us inside the rest of the day.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment